Monday, May 6, 2013

Come See Me At LitFest and Win Big!

  

This coming Saturday, May 11th, I will be at LitFest Pasadena.  LitFest is a celebratory day of readings, performances, and panel-discussions featuring well-known and upcoming California authors, hands-on activities, good food, better books and family-friendly fun aimed at promoting the literary arts.  

I will be in the White Whisker Books Pavilion sharing signing and greeting duties with authors Christopher Meeks, Davis Scott Milton and Shelly Lowenkopf.  I know most of you won’t be able to make it to Southern Cal, and that’s too bad because I’m offering an awesome SWAG bag prize package to one lucky attendee.  The first person that comes up to me and says: “Hi, E. Did I win the awesome swag bag?” gets it.  It’s that easy. 

So what’s in the goodie bag?  Check it out:


First off I’m offering an autographed copy of The Fiction Writer’s Handbook, written by my USC professor, and the man responsible for my writing career, Shelly Lowenkopf. The Fiction Writer’s Handbook is the definitive volume to explain the words and phrases that writers and editors use when they talk about a work.  While this is a book for writers, I’m telling you it is equally interesting for readers.  It’s a hard book to describe, but one thing it’s not is an instruction manual. 


Also in the bag is a woman’s I Survived a Boyfriend From Hell fitted tee (cobalt color).  Every lady I know has survived a boyfriend from hell.  Now, courtesy of me, ladies can flaunt it on their chests.  I know Suze Barnett wishes she had one of these.


Next I’ve got the official I Want You Back! Coffee mug. This mug is for sipping your drink of choice while reading your book of choice.  I Want You Back! is my free novella available only to members of The 25.  To find out how you can join The 25 click on the link to read my post: The Power of Twenty five.


Finally I’ve got an autographed copy of Heaven Sent or Never Slow Dance With A Zombie, whichever you prefer.


I have only one, yes, ONE awesome SWAG bag, and remember, the first person who comes up to me and says: “Hi E, did I win the awesome swag bag?” gets it.  We’ll take your photo for the blog, and hand you the bag.  If the tee I have is not your size, we’ll order up one custom just for you.  I hope to have some conciliation gifts if more than one of you comes up to me. 

Tell all your family and friends in and near Southern Cal they need to come out this coming Saturday, May 11th, to LitFest Pasadena for a day of food and fun while supporting reading. And while they’re there, tell them to stop by The White Whisker Books Pavilion to claim a neat prize from me.  I hope to see you Saturday.

Peace.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment